Roast Coffee Beans: .Want to drink coffee fresh at home? Home roasting ensures you get a fresh drink every time. You will love to experiment with the origins of coffee and lots more. And your hard work pays off with fresh and tasty coffee in the mornings. This guide will help you learn about how to roast coffee beans.
Home Roasting Fresh Coffee
1- Coffee Roasting In The Oven
Let us begin with the process of how to roast coffee beans in an oven.
- When roasting coffee, start up your oven & set the temperature at high. I am trying to mention the exact temperature yet it can again differ from one oven to the other and electric to gas. Try out for gas at 475°F & for electric it is 500°F
- Take a perforated pan to roast the coffee beans. And place a baking sheet on it. Don’t use a pan with big holes as the beans can fall off and expand at the time of roasting. Spread the beans equally all over the pan (Place the beans close but they should not overlap)
- Your oven turns preheated by now. Place the ready pan with beans into the mid rack of your oven. Listen to the popping or cracking noise signaling that the beans are getting roasted & darkened. Stir the beans at regular intervals for a smooth roast. Oven roasting takes around (15-20) minutes
- Now that coffee beans are roasted as you want; take them out from the oven and keep in a cool place
- Once they cool down remove their chaffs. Get fresh coffee
2- Coffee Roasting In The Popcorn Popper
Sounds weird, isn’t it? But yes Popcorn Popper is another great answer on how to roast coffee beans. Have a look at the entire process. It is easy……trust me.
- Setup your Popcorn Popper in a well-lit and well-ventilated area near the open window. Light helps you evaluate the color of the coffee beans and vent removes the smoke immediately. Ensure you have all the accessories near your hands as the Popper doesn’t take much time in roasting the beans
- Set the temperature on medium-high at 450°F. You can check the temperature using a candy thermometer or deep fryer (if possible)
- I am sure the manufacture recommends the amount of popcorn to be placed in the Popper at a time. Measure the coffee beans in a similar amount like near ½ Cup. Again I am giving a reminder that roasters can differ and so are the coffee beans. You will have to monitor and apply the trial and error method accordingly
- Once you have measured the amount put the coffee beans inside the Popper and close the lid tightly (Don’t leave the Popper alone). Stir continuously to avoid uneven roasting
- After (5-10) minutes you can hear some crackling sound with potent coffee-smelling smoke. The open window will let the smoke out or you can switch on the fan
- Once you hear the crackling sound wait for a minute & start checking the color of coffee beans continuously. When you have got the desired color of the beans place them into a metal colander and keep in a cool place
- Your job doesn’t end here. Stir the beans well till they turn cool
- You have roasted coffee. Smile that your hard work paid off
So these are the two ways on how to roast coffee beans. Try out and I am sure you will love to buy coffee beans than powder next time onwards.
5 lb Coffee Beans – Whole Bean Coffee Medium Roast – Gourmet Coffee, Fresh Roasted Coffee, 5 Pound (5lb ) Bag By Olde Brooklyn Coffee
If you want to freshen up your morning then give a healthy start with a cup of Olde Brooklyn Coffee.
They know how you like your cup of coffee. And so they handpick the best variety of blends from:
- Columbia &
After picking through hands they roast and immediately pack in sealed and air-tight bags to capture the fresh aromas of coffee blends. Hence you get the tasty flavor every time you open the pack for a cup of coffee.
With a vast collection of the finest roasts including:
- Dark Roast
- French Roast
- Brazilian Santos
- Italian Dark Roast
- House Blend
- Breakfast Blend etc
I am sure you will find your preferred blend for sure. You can also choose sweet to the strong flavor and be ready to get into a completely new world of taste and perfection.
Kicking Horse Coffee, Three Sisters, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 2.2 Pound – Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
Kick your morning start with Kicking Horse Coffee. Thanks to the towering rocky mountains in Canada for their powerful peaks of:
- Light Roast
- Medium Roast &
- Dark Roast
They roast the coffee beans right at the bottom of these mountain peaks and ensure great coffee for the drinkers.
100% organically certified coffee is simply great for coffee lovers. They are grown by the farmers responsibly in a perfect environment and social areas of Central and South America and Indonesia.
For aroma, they add chocolate malt, dried sweet fruit, and toasted coconut. The coffee takes your taste to new heights.
To brew these coffee beans you can use:
- French Press
- Drip Machine
- Cold Brew &
- Pour Over
You can make your coffee even tastier by adding Cocoa, Stone Fruit, and Sweet Tobacco. They are dark in color and delicious to fill your buds with an aromatic flavor.
5LB Don Pablo Signature Blend – Medium-Dark Roast – Whole Bean Coffee – Low Acidity – 5 Pound (5 lb) Bag
From Brazil, Colombia through Guatemala Don Pablo travels to bring you the perfect coffee blend.
To make their Signature Blend 100% GMO-free they medium roast the whole coffee beans from Arabica. And to ensure you don’t suffer Acidity they tone the coffee beans with a perfect smooth cocoa finish.
Caramelized with slight natural sugar this coffee holds its natural flavor for a pleasant and sweet after-taste. You can either get the coffee in a single serving cup or 2 or 5 lb bags.
To retain the freshness and aroma they pack the coffee in a re-sealable bag. This means you can keep the coffee back in place for a fresh cup every time.
You can brew the coffee through:
- Conventional Drip Machine
- Hand Drip
- French Press
- Cold Brew
For safety store the coffee in an airtight container in a dry and cool place.