Bring France to your home with the energetic and yummy cafe au lait. It is easy to prepare and goes well with your breakfast. You can serve it with dark chocolate and croissants and get the flavors of a traditional French restaurant.
The drink has different names too. While Spanish people call it as café con Leche, for the Germans the drink is milchkaffee. Have a look at the recipe.
Café Au Lait Recipe
To make cafe au lait we will require the following ingredients (proportions mentioned here are for a single cup that you can increase for multiple servings)
|French Roast Strong Coffee (Hot)||1 Part|
|Steamed Whole Milk||1 Part|
|Sugar||As per taste|
First of all, ensure you have gathered all the ingredients. Let us see how to prepare steamed milk and hot coffee.
Prepare Steamed Milk
If you have an espresso machine or a steam wand you can use them for steaming milk. Or else you can follow the below said method for the same
- Take one glass jar (Mason jar is good) and pour the milk into it
- Cover the glass well and shake it for at least 45 seconds. This incorporates air (looks the same as whipped heavy cream). Stop shaking the jar when you see the milk has doubled in volume
- Open the cover and put the jar into a microwave for at least (30 to 45) seconds. Keep monitoring so that the milk doesn’t turn too hot to deflate the air. The milk should be hot to touch (You can also heat the milk at a low temperature in a saucepan). Heating the milk in an espresso machine or a steam wand you don’t have to worry about burning
- Once done take out the glass jar and keep aside the foam
Prepare Hot Coffee
While your milk is steaming you can prepare the other stuff in the meantime. You can make the hot coffee in an espresso machine (if you have one). Otherwise, follow the traditional method as stated below
- As already said for the traditional French coffee you will need a strong hot coffee. To prepare the same the coffee should be more than the water as shown in the picture above
- Take a saucepan add the amount of coffee required and half the water for a strong coffee
- Stir well so that it doesn’t get stuck into the saucepan
- Once it becomes hot remove the pan from the gas oven
Now that both the key ingredients are ready we can move forward to prepare cafe au lait.
Prepare Café Au Lait
We have come to the final step of the recipe. To maintain the traditional French side serve the coffee immediately into the cups.
- Take a cup
- Pour hot coffee and steamed milk in equal portion
- Being artistic you can lay your hands to create a beautiful latté art with the steamed milk
- Add the amount of sugar you have kept
- Stir well with a spoon
- Finally add the foam above that you have kept aside
So this is the classic French recipe. You can hybrid the drink by adding ½ tbsp of cocoa powder per serving into your milk before whisking for nearly (5 to 10) minutes at low temperatures. As a result, you get the perfect cup of mocha-café au lait for a perfect nightcap with a brunch.
Have a great start with the ever charging Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cafe Au Lait. Although I am saying for the morning this cup is a great treat for any time in a day.
This is simply a superb product with the latte resembling an Italian cappuccino. Drinking this cafe au lait you will get the feel of being somewhere in a French restaurant.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Cafe Au Lait has the tastiest flavor with supercharged energy to make your day more refreshing. You will surely stick to this particular taste after drinking once. Some drinkers have cherished the taste and drinking the traditional French coffee for years.
Good quality product at a reasonable price and the delivery is super fast so that you don’t have to wait for the coffee longer.
The entire pack comprises 6 Packs each weighing 160g. With a 5-Star rating, the coffee is just the thing you want to have.
Roasted dark coffee with Lungo Decaffeinato flavor you can enjoy a great cup every time. With ripe blackberry undertones, Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Pods is full-bodied featuring silky smooth cream.
With NO compromise on the aromas and taste, the coffee beans are decaffeinated naturally using silky cream and pure water. This is done to let you enjoy the ultimate taste and flavor. It takes you somewhere out of the world.
A big THANK YOU to the coffee machine for maintaining the rich soft cream to create this premium quality beverage for the perfect cup of cafe au lait you can enjoy.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Pods is simple to make. Just pop in capsules (measuring according to the number of cups) and then brew. The traditional French drink is ready.
It comes in 3 Packs comprising of 16 capsules. And the manufacturers have given satisfaction guarantee for up to 60 days.
Roasted dark coffee beans to complement the whole milk beautifully and help you make a perfect cup of cafe au lait. The addition of sweet caramel for rich and soft velvety texture adds a special touch to your cup every time.
To make Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Pods strong enough the manufacturers have added soft milk cream and balanced it up well with cereal undertones and caramel notes for a special round texture for additional taste and flavor.
You will love the way the coffee is created for a strong and robust flavor. The manufacturers use the coffee machine to prepare the coffee beans with rich soft cream and give you the ultimate taste of French coffee.
The box comes with 3 packs each featuring 16 capsules. So pop in capsules (for the number of cups you want to brew) and finally brew for a perfect cup.
Nescafe Dolce Gusto Coffee Pods comes with a satisfaction guarantee for 60 days.